Remote connection to MySQL server...?

Phillip T. George me at PhillipGeorge.com
Fri Oct 22 02:07:42 UTC 2004

Andrey Andreev wrote:

> Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
>
>> This is going off topic now, but how can I copy database X from host
>> A to
>> host B.  To be more clear, I installed MySQL on machine A and I've
>> created
>> a database with a bunch of tables, etc.  Now I want to copy that
>> database
>> to machine B (which also has MySQL installed on it).
>

> It's called mysqldump, and it comes with the standard MySQL install.
>
> Greets,
>
> //Andro

Christopher,

A better tool to use is phpMyAdmin...its a web-based MySQL Admnistration
tool.  Be sure to NOT allow access from external to the specifc
directory you install it to, if you have not set a local password for
the root MySQL user.

-Phillip