setting port ranges via Security Level GUI?

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Fri Oct 22 02:11:50 UTC 2004

Can it be done?

If not, what do most people do when opening the netBIOS ports for samba
(those who use samba, that is)? I assume, even though it only buys a
speedbump, most people only open the netBIOS ports to the local net.

Manual editing of /etc/sysconfig/iptables (in spite of
system-config-securitylevel warning away from that)?

Incidentally, when adding rules from the shell, I seem to have noticed
that you can't specify multiple protocols and multiple ports in the same
line like

    iptables -A INPUT -p ALL -i eth0 -s 10.5.0.0/22 --destination-port
137:139 -j ACCEPT

Seems that -p All and --destination-port start:end conflict with each
other. Am I imagining things?

--
Joel <rees at ddcom.co.jp>