insmod problem

Linn Kubler lkubler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 19:42:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:09:12 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
<alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de> wrote:
> Am Fr, den 22.10.2004 schrieb Linn Kubler um 19:50:
>
> > Yes I noticed that in the directory list, thanks.  And if I want to
> > update Just the kernel I'd use, 'up2date-nox -f kernel'?
>
> > Linn
>
> "up2date-nox -u -f" is sufficient if all which is excluded from
> automatic updates is the kernel. If you exclude more by configuration,
> then you have to give the parameter "-f" the package you want to
> override. See "man up2date".
>
> Alexander

Ok, that worked, cool!  However, now I see that I have the option to
boot to either version of the kernel when my computer starts.  Is
there a reason to keep the older version around?  If not, should I
remove it?  If so, how does one do that?

Thanks so much for all the help,
Linn