Apache, FC2 and Virtual Servers

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Oct 22 20:39:44 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 22.10.2004 schrieb Eucke Warren um 22:30:

> I seem to be going in circles.  I am trying to get the Virtual Servers feature working on Apache.  I have a couple of virtual
> servers configured with entries pointing to the correct directories and listening for the appropriate IP addresses....I
> even have the eth0 and eth1 entries....however...everything points to the default test page and does not appear to be
> looking for the entries I have specified.  I am guessing that there is a switch somewhere that need to be changed that I
> keep walking across but cannot seem to locate it....I did manually fix the xml scripting error in service-httpd-conf but this
> one has me stymied...can anyone point me in the right direction as I am striking out via google and apache....FC2 specific
> issue?

No, there is nothing FC2 specific to keep care fore. Did you carefully
read the vhost docs?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html

I do not see "NameVirtualHost" instructions. Do the vhost names resolve?

> Here is the tail end of my httpd.conf
>
> # Virtual host darth2

NameVirtualHost 63.237193.25:80
<VirtualHost 63.237.193.25:80>

> <VirtualHost 63.237.193.25>
>         DocumentRoot /home/netwitts/html/
>         ErrorLog /home/logs/netwitts-error_log
>         ServerAdmin webmaster at netwitts.com
>         ServerName www.netwitts.com
>         TransferLog /home/logs/netwitts-access_log
>         ErrorLog /home/logs/netwitts-error_log
> </VirtualHost>

For what is following worth? Are you really sure you want that?

> # Virtual host Default Host
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>         DocumentRoot /home/
>         ServerAdmin webmaster at netwitts.com
>         ServerName _default_:80
>         <Directory "/home/">
>                 Options all
>                 AllowOverride none
>         </Directory>
>
> </VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost 63.237193.50:80
<VirtualHost 63.237.193.50:80>

> # Virtual host 63.237.193.50
> <VirtualHost 63.237.193.50>
>
>         ErrorLog /home/logs/grassroots-error_log
>         ServerAdmin webmaster at netwitts.com
>         ServerName www.grassrootslandscaping.com
>         TransferLog /home/logs/grassroots-access_log
>         ErrorLog /home/logs/grassroots-error_log
> </VirtualHost>
>
> If config shows both IP's live and active on the one NIC that the system has.  Any help?  Thanks!
>
> -Eucke

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 22:32:42 up 2 days, 19:12, load average: 2.52, 1.77, 1.54