Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Sun Oct 24 02:28:49 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 08:20, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I use ClamAV in a fairly large production environment (three outgoing
> servers, four incoming servers) serving 10,000 domains and 120,000
> accounts.

Interesting. Exactly what I would like to know more about.

> This is all done with open-source software
> (sendmail, procmail, ClamAV, OpenLDAP)

Sendmail scales well?? I was reading that sendmail is slower compred to
postfix.

As such, can you tell us, (if it's possible) exactly how the
implementation is done at your side?

Internet

sendmail(OpenLDAP (Auth))

procmail

ClamAV

BogoFilter

Mail Client
(Is there MySQL backend anywhere in there?)

Something like that? I'm looking for something that scales well.