problems with later added DDS-2 tape-unit

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 08:04:51 UTC 2004

Angelo Machils wrote:
> Sad thing is that after the reboot I have my tape, but lack my cd-writer
> all of a sudden. The system is a HP workstation WS4000, with a combo
> (IDE) DVD-reader/CD-writer. The system recognizes the drive as a DVD/CD
> reader, but not as a writer anymore.....

So do you ever get your CD writing capabilities back?

Is there any chance that as the CD writing bit is enabled, you lose your
tape drive?

Do you have "=ide-scsi" anywhere in your /boot/grub/grub.conf file?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "She was good at playing abstract confusion in the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | same way a midget is good at being short."