Fedora Core 2 update problems

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 08:09:25 UTC 2004

Howard Cheng wrote:
>   mozilla:
>
>     - After upgrading, it is completely unusable.  Sometimes the bookmarks
>       disappears, sometimes it doesn't respond to clicks, and sometimes
>       I can't type URL into the URL bar at the top.  It didn't matter
>       whether I erased all the profiles and started over, or ran it
>       as root.
>
>     - Downgrading back to mozilla-1.6-8 "fixes" everything.

How about trying with a new, test, user? If that fixes it, move
~/.mozilla, let Mozilla create a new profile, then move over any needed
files from the old profile (bookmarks.html, for example).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Blessed are the pessimistic, for they take backups.
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |