FC1 Users: Sample yum.conf for Fedora Legacy Updates

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Oct 24 15:25:28 UTC 2004

Beartooth wrote:
> 2.5 MB    00:11 Getting glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.rpm
> glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.   0% |                         |    0 B
> --:glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.  29% |=======                  |  24 kB
> 00:glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.  69% |=================        |  56 kB
> 00:glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386. 100% |=========================|  81 kB
> 00:00 warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID a109b1ec
> Error: Could not find the GPG Key necessary to validate pkg
> /var/cache/yum/livna-stable/packages/glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.rpm Error:
> You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
>  /var/cache/yum/livna-stable/packages/glut-3.7-12.lvn.1.1.i386.rpm
> Error: You may also check that you have the correct GPG keys installed
> [root at localhost etc]#
>                        =====
> I had done [root at localhost etc]# rpm --import
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY as you suggested; so I
> don't understand the GPG errors.

[...]

My initial reaction based on the output is that you've installed the
Fedora Legacy GPG Key, but not the GPG keys for all of the other repos.
There are two different approaches that can get you all set up:

1) install the GPG keys from all the other repos using this set of
instructions (note that this will carry out the import of the keys even
for those repos that are commented out in my sample yum.conf -- I
figured that I would just install them all at one shot and then be done
with it, even if I don't ever use those repos):

rpm --import http://www.fedora.us/FEDORA-GPG-KEY
rpm --import http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY
rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt
rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt
rpm --import http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms
rpm --import http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/gpg-pubkey-newrpms.txt
rpm --import http://www.jpackage.org/jpackage.asc
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-1/RPM-GPG-KEY*
rpm --import http://www.fedoralegacy.org/FEDORA-LEGACY-GPG-KEY

2) you could comment out all the relevant lines in the yum.conf that
require the GPG check. That is, every line that looks like:

gpgcheck=1

would have a comment (#) in front of it:

#gpgcheck=1

Hope this helps,
Clint