Question about FC2 X-CD-ROAST

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Sun Oct 24 15:34:52 UTC 2004

I tried to burn a back up CD today (my first one since using FC2).  The
nautilus CD writer kept giving me errors and xcdroast did too.  I
eventually had to log in as root and use xcdroast.  I have a question
about that.  I've used xcdroast on RH9, FC1 and now FC2.  It writes the
CD and ejects it.  The status label says "Error writing tracks", but I
can look at the files on the CD and they look fine - I can even extract
them just fine.  Where's the error?  It was like that on FC1 too.  Is
this an actual problem?  Is there actually an error, or is it just an
aesthetic detail that they haven't gotten around to fixing yet?
-Michael Sullivan-