httpd problem & Q

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 19:19:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

> > If I say go to 127.0.0.1/atj, I get the following errors
>
> atj is as absolute path where on your hard drive? Is it a vhost?

symlink from /var/www/html to /web/all-the-johnsons.co.uk

> > 8--->
> > Forbidden
> >
> > You don't have permission to access /atj on this server
> > Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
> > an ErrorDocument to handle the request
> > <---8
>
> You certainly checked the error_log. What does it tell?

(13)Permission denied: access to /refute denied (makes no difference if
I use /atj or /refute, the same error appears)

> > /web and it's contents belong to me and have been chmod'd to 755
> > recursively.
>
> > DocumentRoot inside the <VirtualHost>, where should DocumentRoot point
> > to? Is it relative to /var/www/html or is it an absolute path?
>
> The DocumentRoot is an absolute path.

Odd...

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
     DocumentRoot /web/all-the-johnsons.co.uk
     ServerName www.all-the-johnsons.co.uk
     ErrorLog logs/atj-error_log
     CustomLog logs/atj-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
     DocumentRoot /web/www.refute-the-facts.org.uk
     ServerName www.refute-the-facts.org.uk
     ErrorLog logs/rtf-error_log
     CustomLog logs/rtf-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

With these, when I restart apache, I get a warning that neither of these
DocumentRoots exist.

TTFN

Paul
--
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Det. Sledgehammer