software for slide show / presentation question

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:19:15 UTC 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:57:32 -0400, Clint Harshaw
<clint at penguinsolutions.org> wrote:

> The gthumb application does a nice job for me. It's reasonably close to
> how Apple's iPhoto behaves, though it doesn't have transitions fades and
> music in the background.
>
> Clint "Wishing there was something just like iPhoto for Gnome!" Harshaw

It'd be total overkill, but MythTV can do something like that; play
music and do a slideshow with pretty fades & wipes.  Of course, if
you're not going to use the main parts of Myth, it'd be a waste of
effort.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves