file launch at X start

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Oct 25 02:17:12 UTC 2004

Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I would like to launch this command : xvattr -a XV_COLORKEY -v 0 each
> time the x server is started (not gnome or kde). So i create a .xsession
> file with exec rights in my home dir and put inside the command line.
> But it seems to make nothing.
> Someone could help me ?
> Thanks
> Eric

My  home dir doesn't *have* an .xsession file anymore.  My
.xsession-save file is actually a symlink to my .Xclients file.  *BUT*,
I also have .Xclients-default and .Xclients-switchdesk files there, so I
suspect you need something along the line of a .Xclient-default file, or
possibly an .Xclient-gnome or .Xclient-kde....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net