can I sell fedora?

linux r linuxr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 16:54:12 UTC 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:11:32 +0100, Jim Higson <jh at 333.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 Oct 2004 02:57, dyzelinis wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > Can I sell Fedora cds?
> > I've read legal stuff, and I found, that I can _distribute_ Fedora. Does
> > this mean, that I can SELL Fedora CDs for the price i want?
>
> In terms of GPL, this should help:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
>

> --

I think theres a market for DVD distros.  Theres still probably a lot
of folks out there who don't have a DVD buner.  Not having a DVD
burner at the moment, and maybe not for a while, I would think there
would be a little niche market for someone with a burner who buys
blanks in bulk.  Personally I would like to get some of the Fedoras on
DVD as well as SuSE Professional.

Marc