OSX Apps and FC2

cq hoff cqhoff at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 25 16:56:43 UTC 2004

--- Joel Jaeggli <joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, cq hoff wrote:
>
> > I think I already know the answer, but wanted to
> ask
> > just to make sure...
> >
> > Is it possible to load applications for OSX
> natively
> > on to a system running Fedora?
> >
> > I need to use Macromedia Studio and don't really
> want
> > to use an emulator like VMWare.  I've been
> spending so
> > much time using Studio that if I have to use an
> > emulator, I might as well just use the OS being
> > emulated.
>
> how exactly would you do that without a virtual
> machine (run ppc native
> binary code on an x86)

The Studio disc comes with both the PC and Mac
versions of the software, so I was thinking (but not
articulating very well) that my options would be to
emulate Windows.  I was having an elder moment so it
didn't occurred to me that the processor architecture
made my original question moot.  I think I'll bug
Macromedia to make a version of their products for
Linux. :-)