hard drive recovery

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:46:31 UTC 2004

> Is there a way for me to
> recover this.  Is there any redhat utility for me to undelete this partion.
> I forgot to back this 80gb data up, i hope  someone can tell me a way to
> recover it.
>

>From what you say it appears that it erased the partition table info.
If you had that info around you could manually put it back using
'fdisk'. What I would do in your case is try searching on the net how
to recover the partition table when you wipe it out. The process has
to be something like:

- Booting off the Fedora or some Rescue CD like :

http://www.sysresccd.org/

- Mounting the damaged partition

- Running the rescue utility that will restore the partition table.

Usually the partition table is stored in two places just for cases
like these but I am not sure how it works with ext2 or ext3.

Good luck!