OT: extracting audio from DVD

Filippos Klironomos PresarioD at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 19:56:59 UTC 2004

Hello,
 this is slightly OT but since people here have been using 'xine' or
'mplayer' long enough they might help by pointing to the right
direction. So my problem is I want to extract the audio (music but not
dialogs if possible) from a DVD as a typical audio file or files that
I can then burn to a CD.

If someone has done that it would be greatly appreciated if he/she
shares the knowledge! I am pretty sure it has to be a simple 'xine' or
'mplayer' command...

Thanks!
F.

P.S. In case you are curious what DVD I am talking about it's 'The
Fiddler on the Roof' which has amazing 'soundrack' (if you can call it
like that since it is a musical to begin with).