Fedora Core 2 install problem.

David Hodge tchodgd at tcc.edu
Mon Oct 25 20:55:47 UTC 2004

Tale of two machines

I downloaded the Fedora core 2  iso's and created the install cd's  and
the boot cd.

Machine 1 is a Gateway P3.

put boot cd in and rebooted the cd, install program fired up and
prompted me to start the install.  Problem is I don't want linux on this
box.

Machine 2 is a Dell P200 GX Pro and cannot be booted from cd.
got a copy of loadlin, booted from dell support floppy, installed cdrom
access, ran loadlin with the proper switched and the boot cd started
running.  Then got the following error.

Uncompressing Linux...

invalid compressed format (err=1)

--System halted

I was able to run the linux media check on the boot cd and it went
fine.

Any ideas?