OT Why is everyone so grouchy?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 05:30:08 UTC 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 19:59, Z wrote:
>Craig White wrote:
>>Actually, I think Z is not an American.
>
>For the record, I am Brazilian, but acquired US citzenship this year
>(without forfeiting my birth citizenship),
>in order to be able to vote against that sociopath.
>A very fine Brazilian diplomat died trying to help fix the
> horrendous mess that The Srhub did in Iraq.
>Sergio Vieira de Mello was there, facinf the danger, and paid the
> price. The Srhub went in in out like a thief in the night,
> literally. To deliver a plastic turkey.

For photo purposes, it may well have been plastic.  Very minor detail
my friend.  But it did wonders for moral of the troops because they,
to a man or woman, knew full well just how much of a target the
President of the United States would be to those zealots, whom we see
as having a far worse case of "sociopath" than the shrub will ever be
in his wildest west Texas dreams.

I, like many others, do not feel as if the Iraqi scene has been played
according to -the- script.  Bush thought it was going to be a
cakewalk, and found out those who follow Allah had other plans.  In
short, he way under estimated the power of the church in that part of
the world, and still doesn't fully comprehend it a year+ later!

But, let me point out that over the last 230 years, somewhere over
100,000 american lives have been forfeited in the name of this
freedom we hold so dear.  Your ambassador was there, in the face of
the terror that probably kept him from getting a good nights sleep
any night he was there, and did it because he was doing something he
felt was the right thing to do, just like many of our all volunteer
force are doing.  You have lost a good man and I'll not argue with
that, but we have now lost over 1000 mostly good men, and by all
indications we'll lose another 1000, perhaps far more, before that
piece of the world has peace.  If indeed we can bring peace to a part
of the world that knows only war on whatever scale the currently most
radical cleric or strong man like Saddam decrees.

The main difference I see is that here in the USA we have (supposedly,
and I look for that to be re-inforced next tuesday in un-foreseen but
loud  messages sent by the size, and direction of the vote when its
counted) a constitutional seperation of church and state, whereas
there, the church naturally assumes it *is* the state, with freedom
to commit mass genocide on those who don't follow the offical line
from the likes of Al Sadre or whatever his name is next month after
somebody knocks him off, unlike how we took Saddam out of power.  He
is still a functioning human being, eating, breathing and all that
which normally defines signs of life.

That, and damned if this doesn't look a bit like a modern day version
of the Crusades from the so called Dark Ages.  And if we do lose this
one, all of humanity, including your beloved Brazil will pay the
price by becoming slaves with c4 strapped to them, to be blown into
pieces so small they won't be worth sweeping up, by the likes of the
current version of Al Sadre.  I for one wouldn't wish that kind of a
world on my worst enemy, let alone you and yours, or my children,
grandchidren and yes, great grandchildren, I do have a few of those
too.

If you don't want to help, thats your choice, and I'm fine with that,
but you had better pray that we do succeed, regardless of whether a
"shrub" is in the white house or not.  Loseing what Bush seems to
think is a minor skirmish in the desert is not something I want to
contemplate.

If you had a cancer, you would want it removed, and this is humanity's
cancer.  I don't think we are useing a sharp enough scalpal though,
both the cutting edge and its guidance are too dull and slow, but the
surgeon (Bush) somehow doesn't understand that it could be sharper,
much sharper.  His "I firmly believe" doesn't sharpen the knife for
me...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)