Right driver for cpufreq

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 21:18:04 UTC 2004

Hi, I just installed Fedora Core 2 on my Dell Latitute C800 laptop and I
having trouble getting the cpu frequency scaling to work. The
/proc/cpuinfo file shows the cpu as:

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 997.943

however, I can't seem to find the driver that I have to use. I have
tried all the drivers in
/lib/modules/2.6.8-1.521/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/ and none
of the load.

I would really appreciate any help since I have to go on a trip and I
will need to use the laptop but under current setup, the battery last
about 5 seconds.

Thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov