Right driver for cpufreq

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Tue Oct 26 21:57:39 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:35:08 -0500 (CDT)
Satish Balay <balay at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> FC1 requires
> 'modprobe speedstep-centrino'

	I don't even have speedstep-centrino in the modules directory

> - Your CPU is 1GHz and always at that speed?

	Yes, as far as I can tell

> - do you have /proc/cpufreq ? (its on fc1 - don't remember fc2)

	No and I could not find anything /proc that could resemble that

> - is /etc/init.d/cpuspeed daemon running? (if not - try
> starting/restarting)

	The first thing that cpuspeed daemon does is check whether
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/scaling_driver exists (it doesn't) and if
not tries to load a driver. But since none of the drivers work, the load
fails and cpuspeed exits.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net