Problems with system-config-packages

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 27 00:58:50 UTC 2004

All:

After installing FC2, I found a few packages I want to remove.  However,
when I run the Add/Remove Packages application (actually a front for
system-config-packages), I get to the finding tree in checking package
status.  I then get a pop-up box that states that "/mnt/cdrom" does not
appear to be a valid installation source.  I do have a mount point with
FC2 disk 1 at /mnt/cdrom and I still get the error.  How do I fix this
error and what happened to cause it.

BTW, with my first installation of FC2, I made the /usr partition too
small and the installation failed.  I resized the / and /usr partitions
and the installation appeared to complete successfully.  I really don't
want to try and install FC2 again as FC3 is 'just around the corner'.

Thank you.

James McKenzie