Dovecot or Cyrus

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed Oct 27 05:55:17 UTC 2004

I do agree on Alexander. I use Cyrus since years now and would never change, as it is really feature-rich. Where
others have to use the filesystem-quota to no overrun mailbox-files placed in homedirectories or otherwhere, cyrus
supports eg. quota even by mailbox-folder and so on. Even if cyrus is once installed - i agree on that, cyrus WAS hard
to install - he's easily manageable. If you like it, use the cyrus-module for webmin or webcyradmin. And also, it's
still developped. Also, i never had any data-loss with cyrus, it's stable and reliable. Backups are easily made.

I remember those days (getting nostalgical...) where you had to compile cyrus...today, cyrus gets shipped with fc2 -
and for those who know simon matters reposiories for the old red hat-version of cyrus - i really think its in good
quality - If you know, which modules to use in fc2, you can get cyrus up-and-running rudimentary in 10-20 minutes....

Roger