Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Oct 27 10:10:04 UTC 2004

Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 16:57, Paul Howarth wrote:
>>Run: sendmail -d0.10 < /dev/null
>>
>>The output should include LDAPMAP.
>
> Cool. What does 0.10 means? Putting only -d also works.

See http://www.ussg.iu.edu/usail/mail/debugging/ for more on debugging
sendmail. You're unlikely to find a definitive list of sendmail debugging
flags without looking in the source code because there are so many of them
(around 200) and they change quite often.

> Understand, essentially a security check then. Again, this can be done
> in postfix too right(?) whether or not it's versatile, I'm not too sure.

Yes, I think Postfix has "policy daemons" you can write to set up whatever
checks you want (equivalent to sendmail's milters I think). I know SPF checks
can be done using a few tens of lines of perl in this way (see
http://spf.pobox.com/postfix-policyd.txt).

Paul.