Security....

Jim Higson jh at 333.org
Wed Oct 27 10:54:08 UTC 2004

> Good points James...you missed one though... port 22. I see more attempts
> on SSH than any other port....stupid and LAME attempts but more on this
> than any other...

Out of curiosity, how much does it really matter so long as you have strong
passwords?

If security holes are discovered in ssh, then sure, someone who knows what
they're doing might be able to gain access. But then someone qualified enough
to find new holes in ssh won't be targeting my desktop box, or the http
server for a small buisines.

In general isn't ssh pretty secure, and aren't security fixes normally issued
before the script kiddies get hold of an exploit?

--
Jim