mysql 4.x in fedoracore 2

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Wed Oct 27 17:13:57 UTC 2004

I've been happily using the rpms provided by MySQL for running MySQL 3.x,
4.0, and 4.1 under a variety of Red Hat linuxes.  One of the things on my
todo list is to take my mysql mirror and build a yum-compatible repository
for MySQL based on it.  If anybody wants to help out with this drop me a
note off list.

Its regretable that Red Hat has decided to suckle so tightly at the
postgresql tuit and given their postgresql-based Red Hat Database they
are clearly motivated to discourage folks from adopting MySQL.  Given how
awesome Red Hat has been in so many respects I can forgive them for
letting their bias sway their opinions occassionally, particularly given
that its so easy to work around.

--
</chris>

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way
is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
  -- C.A.R. Hoare