Latest problem when using Livna.org yum updates

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Oct 27 21:36:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 04:59:33PM -0400, Filippos Klironomos wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>  recently I get the following message about 'vcdimager' when I use yum
> with Livna.org repository:
>
> # yum -c /etc/yum.conf.dag update
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core Dag Wieers' repository
> Server: Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> Resolving dependencies
> .....Unable to satisfy dependencies
> Package vcdimager needs libiso9660.so.2, this is not available.
> Package vcdimager needs libiso9660.so.2(ISO9660_2), this is not available.
>
> Here is what the rpm query shows:
>
> # rpm -qa vcdimager
> vcdimager-0.7.14-fr1
>
> here is what an attempt to update vcdimager with the regular repository shows:
>
> [root ~]# yum update vcdimager
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Extras
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Extras Updates
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Released Updates
> Finding updated packages
> Downloading needed headers
> vcdimager is installed and the latest version.
> No actions to take
>
> of course an attempt to update 'vcdimager' using the Livna.org
> repository replicates the error message above.
>
> Any good ideas?

 As livna home page rpm.livna.org explains their repository is designed
 to be used in conjunction with a fedora.us repository. It cannot be
 used by itself. Your yum.conf file must access both repositories in
 the same yum session. Remove the rpm and trying installing again with
 both livna and fedora.us repositories and it will probably work.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.