CD

Chris Marsh chris at ausmarsh.com
Wed Oct 27 23:00:44 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Rodolfo J. Paiz
Sent: Thursday, 28 October 2004 4:09 AM
To: akonstam at trinity.edu; For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: CD

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:00 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> I have had great trouble in trying to install FC2 on a machine with
> 64MB of RAM. The last suggestion is I do the install using the option
> ide=nodma you might try that.

Aaron,

I've had no trouble, and indeed 64MB is a supported memory size. RAM should
not be the problem there at all. More likely the CD-ROM driver, or the
memory type, or DMA as you mentioned... but not the amount.

Cheers,

--
I suspect it was mainly a problem with the CD-ROM, exacebated by DMA. It's
installed now. I used the text installer and kept reporting errors with

Thanks to all.