Apache build and SSL problem

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Oct 28 01:15:46 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 28.10.2004 schrieb Linn Kubler um 2:44:

> > No, speaking about the Fedora (Core 1 and Core 2) Apache2 RPMs, the SSL
> > configurations is set not by httpd.conf but
> >
> > /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
> >
> > which comes with the mod_ssl RPM.

> Woops, sorry I should have mentioned I'm working with Apache 1.3, got
> the most current version I could find, 1.3.32.  I don't see a ssl.conf
> file on my system and looking in httpd.conf I don't see any reference
> to SSL.
>
> Does this mean my installation isn't correct?  What, if I may ask,
> would a typical httpd.conf file look like with SSL added?

> Linn

Linn,

may I ask you what you want to learn? It seems the book about Apache you
have does not teach you much. If it guides you to compile your own
Apache 1.3.xx version, then it should tell you too how to configure it
properly with all the bells and whistles you wish. From your question(s)
I conclude that you have more questions than the books answers.

I would suggest you start with the RPMs Fedora ships and go through
their default configuration files. Speaking about Apache2 I feel you can
learn a lot by simply reading these config files under /etc/httpd/. In
addition the Apache online documentation is fairly well.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 03:11:21 up 7 days, 23:50, load average: 0.34, 0.46, 0.99