redirect http to https

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 14:51:19 UTC 2004

From: Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Sent: Oct 28, 2004 7:42 AM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: redirect http to https

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:39:27PM +0300, Andrey Andreev wrote:
> >>Obviously you cannot do that fully transparently to the user, as the
> >Sure you can! See other posts in this thread.
> Dang! So I'm wrong. Does anyone care to explain how it works?

Heh. We're all wrong sooner or later. :) In short, Apache is awesome. But
really, it's just that this is the sort of thing one wants to do on the web
all of the time, so the protocol and clients and servers are designed to
support it.

Here is a URL from the 2001 Apachecon describing how to incorporate mod_ssl into Apache.  I used some of this for a site that REQUIRES secure (SSL/TLS) communications.

http://www.modssl.org/docs/apachecon2001/

James McKenzie

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!