Removal of Red Hat Network notification icon

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 18:55:27 UTC 2004

A. Lanza a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I know how to temporarily remove from my panel the Red Hat Network
> notification icon, but every time i start up my system the icon comes
> back again. How can i make this not happen?
>
> TIA

If you really what it disable, you could use :

rpm -e rhn-applet

James McKenzie added:

That will permently remove the applet.  He could always right click on the applet icon and select remove from panel.  That should remove the applet from the panel.  Then if you wanted to add it back at a later time you could click on System tools -> Red Hat Notification.  I had the opposite problem, the Notification applet would not "stick" in the panel while I was updating my system as I rebooted it every couple of upgrades.  Yes, I clicked on Save this Session in the logout/shutdown/reboot dialog box.

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!