IP Addresses

Don Dupy fedora at maxxrad.net
Thu Oct 28 21:14:51 UTC 2004

Hello Chris.

First, you have to register your domain IE (www.yoursite.blah)

you then have to configure DNS so yoursite.blah can be seen from the
internet

you have to configue sendmail (or whatever MTA you use) to accept incoming
connections for www.yoursite.blah( as well as be the smtp server for your
domain.

you also have to configure apache to serve web pages for yoursite.blah

last but not least, you have to log into your ADSL router and open ports
25 & 110 for mail and port 80 for HTTP.

for example, forward port 80 requests to 10.0.0.3 (your linux box)

It's not too bad to do,

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com

great doccuments to get the basics set up.

--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora at maxxrad.net