Any suggestion for good linux books?

Santiago Cepas scepas at ya.com
Thu Oct 28 21:16:59 UTC 2004

El jue, 28-10-2004 a las 19:35, Beartooth escribió:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:31:45 +0200, Santiago Cepas wrote:
>
> > El mié, 27-10-2004 a las 01:38, Mitch Wiedemann escribió:
> >> I was in the bookstore the other day and found a book entitled: "How
> >> Linux Works".  ...Just the sort of thing I was looking for.
>
> > I bought that book a month ago, and are thoroughly happy with it.
>
> What level of technoidicity does that require? I haven't seen it in a
> store here, and wonder whether it's just what I need, or way over my head ....

I don't think it requires any in-depth knowledge of technical issues.
Sure, you must know how a computer works and how to open a terminal
screen :-)

Although it talks about apparently complex stuff such as shell scripting
or kernel compiling, it does it in a fairly didactical way, with tons of
examples.

My advise: go for it!

PS. No, I don't belong to the publishing company staff!