Question about non working site in FC2, Mozilla

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Oct 28 21:59:48 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 28.10.2004 schrieb Bradley (FC2 List) um 23:46:

> I forwarded a URL to my wife to check out:
> http://www.linuxchix.org/
>
> I can open this URL on a Windows machine with either Thunderbird, IE, or
> Mozilla.
> I can't open it on my FC2 machine and my Wife can't open it on her FC2
> machine, both using
> Mozilla.
>
> Is it just me?

Here too.

> If so, where should I look for a solution?

They have broken router hardware. As you can't do less to let them fix
it on their side (where it really should be fixed) you can work around
by running (as root)

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling

You can deactivate TCP window_scaling permanently by setting it in
/etc/sysctl.conf:

# Controls TCP window scaling
net.ipv4.tcp_window_scaling = 0

Run "sysctl -p" afterwards to let it activate immediately. You don't
need if you echoed the 0 before to the proc register.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 23:56:33 up 8 days, 20:36, load average: 1.26, 0.71, 0.45