NFS

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Oct 29 09:58:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 05:47 -0400, Littleguru wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have created a nfs shared directory on my server ,and it mount
> properly on my client station , but I can not go to mounted directory ,
> it says " permission denied "
Are you trying to access the NFS share as the root user? If this is the
case you would have to use no_root_squash. However this is an incredibly
insecure thing.

If you are not trying to access the share as root, then you have to make
sure that both on the client AND the server, there is a user with the
same UID (not just username).

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator