Squid Performance - Default Options Tweak?

Kh Linux fedora.kh at undp.org
Fri Oct 29 11:36:54 UTC 2004

Thank you again Paul.

> Why are you forwarding DNS queries to your ISP's nameservers rather than
> having your bind look them up itself? I find that running my own
nameserver
> works much better than forwarding all queries to my ISP.

That is a very good question. I thought, my ISP server would handle queries
better and more up to date in terms of root name servers information. Maybe,
I was wrong.
Well, i'll take your suggestion now to switch to my own DNS server. But one
more thing, is there a major bug in the BIND version that comes with RedHat
9?
I noticed that, we cannot stop it with 'service named stop'; I had to do
'killall named'.

Thank you very much. How about Squid? Any suggestions on its default options
tweak?

Regards,
Vidol