where is my modem?????????

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Oct 29 13:57:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 07:27:54AM -0400, adel.essafi at laposte.net wrote:
> Hi list
> I have an internal modem (motorolla). I have installed it and when booting
> with linux , the kudzu tool says that he recognised the modem...
> now, when I use wvdialconf , it says that no modem was found!!!
> who can I know the name of the DEV entry (/dev/tty0S1 for example)
> thank you

> http://mail2web.com/ .

Well I would use system-config-network to configure you modem. It does
all the wvdialconf work easier I think. Check what /dev/modem is soft
linked to. In 99% of the cases your choices are /dev/ttyS0 or
/dev/ttyS1. If one does not work try the other one.

For FC1 the program is redhat-config-network
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
One Trinity Place.