fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 351

Michael Sullivan michael at espersunited.com
Fri Oct 29 13:54:21 UTC 2004

Here's how I always get the mp3 plugin for xmms:  Go to
http://www.gurulabs.com/download.html and find the xmms-mp3 plugin for
your particular version of Red Hat Linux (I think there's only RH9 and
Fedora Core, but I've used the FC version on both FC1 and FC2 and they
both work fine.  Download it, su to root, and then install it with "rpm
-Uvh " and the filename.  This way is much easier....