Video capturing - Pinnacle

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Oct 29 13:58:17 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:

> You can also get a PCI TV tuner card (e.g. Hauppage or AverMedia's
> PCTV--anything based on the Brooktree chipset), load up the bttv
> driver and have at it with all of the wonderful v4l (video for linux)
> software out there.

I want external for two different reasons.

I would go internal if it was HDTV compatible.

This is one reason that I have put off any purchase of video capture.

I have a rule that I will look at any hardware to ensure linux
compatibility.  I made the mistake with ATI and their poor closed
source drivers in December.

I am looking at this HDTV tuner card.  It has an S-Video input which
would suit my needs.

http://www.pchdtv.com/hd_3000.html

This place that makes cards for Linux and not Windows.
  "One available PCI slot Currently the HD-3000 is NOT supported in
Windows 98T, Windows 2000T or Windows XPT however Windows drivers are
include for those wishing to experiment with the card in Microsoft
Windows."

--
Robin Laing