Client upload of files via http

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Oct 29 14:55:55 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:03 -0700, Eucke Warren wrote:
> I have a potential customer who is looking to be able to upload and download
> files via his and his clients browsers.  Is this something that lftp is
> suited for....anything else that anyone is using that is secure and user
> friendly?  Thoughts, risks, real world war/horror thoughts?  I am assuming
> that most of the use will be via IE....

The friendliest (but still very secure) solution I have found is WinSCP.
It is a nice and friendly Windows program with its own installer, where
they open it up and get two directory windows side-by-side (obviously,
one local and one remote). They then merely drag-and-drop from one side
to another.

Since all transport is over SSH, I feel happy. And it *is* easy. And I
get the pleasure of explaining to people that IE is a security nightmare
and that the best way of having their data cracked, lost, or stolen is
to use it. <grin>

Good results from several of my customers so far.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>