BIND 9 Problem - DNS Forwarding

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Oct 29 15:14:36 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 11:34 +0700, Kh Linux wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I had been running both BIND 8 and Squid under SuSe 6.2 until recently when
> I switched to RedHat 9 with BIND 9 and Squid from the 3 CDs.

Red Hat Linux 9 is very old now and no longer supported. I would
*really* suggest that you wait another week and install Fedora Core 3
when it is released.

Then I suggest you use a network analyzer like ethereal to figure out
what the traffic is. No amount of DNS traffic will fill a 1 Mbps pipe.
Squid does have logs, so you should be able to see whether it has a part
in the puzzle.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>