lp and lpr "stdin is empty"

lyamimlgnqfa at spammotel.com lyamimlgnqfa at spammotel.com
Fri Oct 29 19:06:21 UTC 2004

I tried most all those permutations (although I omitted to say as
much).

lp: stdin is empty, so no job has been sent.
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lpr -P
laserjet --stdin
lpr: Unknown option '-'!
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lpr -Plaserjet
--stdin
lpr: Unknown option '-'!
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lpr
lpr: stdin is empty, so no job has been sent.
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lpr --
lpr: Unknown option '-'!
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lpr -
lpr: Unknown option ''!
[allan at array14 bin]$ cat /etc/cups/lpoptions | /usr/bin/lp -
lp: stdin is empty, so no job has been sent.
[allan at array14 bin]$

Thanks for the suggestions, but still NG

Allan