Dare I ask the question?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Sat Oct 30 05:30:35 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 05:10, James McKenzie wrote:

> Is the Torrent incorporated with FC, or is it something that I have to
> get at another location?  If the latter applies, how about a source?

BitTorrent client software for Windows and Mac is available here:

http://bittorrent.com/download.html

Client software for FC2 is available from here:

http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/fc2/RPMS.newrpms/bittorrent-3.4.2-1.rhfc2.nr.noarch.rpm

On Windows and Mac you'll have to ask elsewhere, as I don't use those
platforms. On FC download a suitable BitTorrent RPM such as the one
above and install it. If you're not using FC2 then use google to find a
BitTorrent RPM for whatever distro you are using. Then when FC3 comes
out find the link on the download page to the torrent file, which will
be a file ending with the suffix *.torrent. Download the *.torrent file
(it's only small) with your browser. In a terminal, cd to the directory
you downloaded the *.torrent file to and then issue the following
command:

btdownloadcurses.py <torrentname>.torrent

replacing <torrentname> with the actual name of the torrent file.

Best, Darren