Need fedora installation help

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Oct 30 08:40:26 UTC 2004

On 10/30/2004 12:35:23 AM, Jin Malm wrote:
> I burnt fedora core2 four iso images to four CDs.  I've verified that
> I can boot off the first CD on my P4 computer.
>
> I wanted to convert my old Pentium computer to a linux machine.  It
> has a Creative 8x CD-ROM and I manage to boot off the Window CDs but
> I can't seem to boot off the Fedora CD.
>
> Can someone help?

Put the HD from the old pentium into your P4 and install onto that.
Then put HD back into old pentium.
kudzu will probably handle everything.

Linux is good that way - especially with kudzu. Unless you build your
kernel for a specific arch (ie athlon) it will boot any i386. I *think*
fedora's kernel does want pentium, but I'm not positive - but that's
not a problem for you.