audacity segfaults on FC2

Hannes Mayer h.mayer at inode.at
Sat Oct 30 14:06:00 UTC 2004

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:01:19 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:
>

>>Thanks for the hint! Didn't look at fedora.us.
>>But this binary also segfaults...
>>
>>audacity depends on wxWidgets, so I did a search for it:
>

> Where do you see such a dependency?

Michael,

I looked at the audacity.sf.net site and they list wxWidgets as
dependency.

Anyway, since krec and gnome-sound-recorder don't record any sound,
I just forget audacity.

# krec
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:494:(snd_pcm_hw_start) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_START failed: Broken pipe

and gnome-sound-recorder just hangs when pressing stop after recording
or segfaults at all.

Anyone ever recorded a sound via mic or line-in with Fedora or is just a myth that
ALSA works ? ;-)

Best regards,
Hannes.