audacity segfaults on FC2

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Oct 30 17:16:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:01:53 +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:

> >>error: Failed build dependencies:
> >>         flac-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
> >>         ladspa-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
> >>         libsamplerate-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
> >>         libsndfile-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
> >>         libid3tag-devel is needed by audacity-1.2.1-0.fdr.1.2
> >>
> >>I consider myself as quite a geek, but that is too much hassle.
> >

> > Well, it would be simple to add the missing packages:
> >
> >   yum -y install flac-devel ladspa-devel libsamplerate-devel \
> >     libsndfile-devel libid3tag-devel
> >
> > or:
> >
> >   up2date flac-devel ladspa-devel libsamplerate-devel \
> >     libsndfile-devel libid3tag-devel
>
> Hi Michael!
>
> As I already knew, that didn't work. It hangs when resolving dependencies,
> as it always does when there are too many packages selected.

Really?! One thing for sure, Yum has never had such problems. It
just takes quite long as it runs through a dependency resolver loop
several times, giving very poor progress feedback while doing that.

> Thanks a lot for your patience and help!!!!
>
> Just one thing, when I record a second track and the first one is playing
> the second track gets scrambled and is barely recognizable as guitar
> (no, it's not my guitar-playing ;-)
> Any idea about this one ? Is it due high latency when playing and recording at
> once ?

Can't comment on that one. There are Audacity specific mailing-lists
which you could try:

 http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=6235

For basic (!) editing of WAVs/mp3s, I've used "glame" so far, see
http://rpm.livna.org

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 0.95 0.48 0.21