Computer crashes after 2 days

priou prioualexandre at yahoo.fr
Sun Oct 31 06:12:52 UTC 2004

Le samedi 30 Octobre 2004 22:09, Peter Collier a écrit :
> On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 19:58, priou wrote:
> > Le samedi 30 Octobre 2004 20:31, Peter Collier a écrit :
> > > I've noticed these logwatch messages sent to root. Don't know if this
> > > gives a clue.
> > >
> > > --------------------- ModProbe Begin ------------------------
> > >
> > > Errors running install command:
> > >    sound_slot_1  : 7 Time(s)
> > >
> > >.......... / CUT/..................
> > >

> > > Peter
> >
> > this routine Crond doesn't say why your system crashed after 2 day
> > it's a rapport only for the service : sendmail, modprob imap , ssh ....
> >
> > see your dmesg or your files message in /var/log/
> >
> > my knowledge has, I had the same problem
> > after have erase the xscreensaver on my fedora , this problem disappeared
> >
> > alexandre
>
> What may be error messages from dmesg :-
>
> SELinux:  Initializing. ##(I didn't choose selinux on install, but later
> in this file it does disable selinux))

fedora is a SELinux , see the doc of fedora in redhat or  SELinux on nsa.org
(national security agency )
this normal

> SELinux:  Starting in permissive mode
> There is already a security framework initialized, register_security
> failed.
> selinux_register_security:  Registering secondary module capability
 > vesafb: probe of vesafb0 failed with error -6

here you have a probleme with your card graphic driver or hardward
try : man vesa
and configure your card correctly

> audit: initializing netlink socket (disabled)
> - Added public key 9488DB81FF525AA3
> - User ID: Red Hat, Inc. (Kernel Module GPG key)
> ksign: invalid packet (ctb=00)
> Unable to load default keyring: error=74
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
>
> idebus=xx ## (Should I change this to 66?, 100?)
>
> agpgart: Found an AGP 2.0 compliant device at 0000:00:00.0.
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode
> agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 1x mode
>   ##(should this not be 4x?)

no it's the version of your slot AGP on your mother board, if your motherboard
assuming the 4X or greater
you have a probleme with your motherboard

please check your bios, and see your describ motherboard manual

for your problem try this command :

more /var/log/messages | grep erreur
and
more /var/log/messages | grep panic