Losing data when I partion disk?

fedora list fedoralist at parkerhouse.homeunix.org
Sun Oct 31 14:20:34 UTC 2004

Don't be surprised if Windows doesn't boot if you install FC2.  I hope FC3 fixed the problem.  One of the programs used during the install changes the partition table to think that it is not an LBA mode partition.  Red hat's bugzilla report 115980 helped me when it happened.  There is a command to give Linux's fdisk program that will correct the problem if it happens.  I'd backup your data in Windows before attempting it.  This didn't seem to happen to everyone though.

Jim