PS on exclusion Re: FC1 Users: Sample .... One more problem

Clint Harshaw clint at penguinsolutions.org
Sun Oct 31 18:29:16 UTC 2004

> Thanks to a hint in another post on this list, I tried (like a porcupine
> making love) putting "exclude=galeon" into the main section of my yum.conf
> -- and it *still* languishes in dependency hell! Should I maybe try
> exclude=mozilla?? Or have I just modified yum.conf wrong? Or what?

Using exclude=galeon will prevent *galeon* from being updated but if you
upgrade mozilla, then galeon would have to be removed (which is a change
from its current state). That's why you're getting the notice.

Try galeon out as a browser -- if you like it then you can just keep
using it, and leave moz alone by placing exclude=mozilla* in the main
section of yum.conf.

If you don't like galeon, then remove it with yum remove galeon, and
then mozilla will update via yum update mozilla*.

The SeaMonkey repo was in there some time ago -- I used it to get the
freshest version of mozilla before it hit the FC1 repos.

Hope this helps,
Clint