does FC2 support NTFS ?

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 1 04:38:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 17:36, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Kali,
>
> 	You seem not to listening to many of the suggestions, you need to install an
> rpm kernel that has the NTFS drivers, Alexander Dalloz has pointed it out to
> you, the site I mean. The default FC1/2 doesn't have this driver in FC kernels.
>
> 	If this is not you cup of tea, then you can try Knoppix
> (http://www.knoppix.org) and burn that to CD and boot that, that should mount
> the drives for you automatically in READ ONLY mode when it comes up.

I have not installed the most recent kernel for FC2, so possibly it has
changed, but the kernel sources RPM I have includes NTFS support. The
kernel builds done by the FC team have it turned off, but the driver is
there. All you have to do is build a new kernel after setting the proper
option. If you use 'make menuconfig', you will find it under File
systems --> DOS/FAT/NT Filesystems --> NTFS file system support. If you
set that to 'Y' or 'M', then you will see two additional options.
--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc.rr.com>