SOLVED: Change of Intel to AMD motherboard

Rick Lim ricklim at telus.net
Fri Oct 1 13:02:49 UTC 2004

After fooling around with the grub command line
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
and changing it to
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.5-1.358 ro root=LABEL=/
it finally booted and stopped at the freeing XXX memory portion, then after
a bit of searching on the net I loaded the 386 version of glibc and it
finally booted all the way, still have other minor problems but at least it
booted all the way.

Thanks to all that helped.